ICYMI: How to earn a paycheck from Tahrir Square and other stories you might have missed
A view of Tahrir Square from a nearby hotel.
Every week, one Marketplace staff member offers their favorite stories from the past week.
- In addition to the interviews we had with her, which gave us all a great sense of Egypt’s situation, from how the Egyptian protests aren't all bad business; to the markets spiking after Egypt's turn; and the economic obstacles Egypt's interim government is facing -- freelancer Kimberly Adams did a nice reporter’s notebook about her experience working in such a chaotic country.
- Nancy Marshall Genzer brightened up the Marketplace Morning Report on the Fourth of July, with a spot on the hemp flag flying over the U.S. Capitol.
- Check out Rob Schmitz’s detailed, and at times haunting, look at China’s failing replica of Manhattan.
- Technology reporter Queena Kim explored the world of cybersecurity bootcamps where students learn to hack in the service of the good. It's worth it just to hear about the ‘The Sinister Purveyor of Doom.'
- And on the Marketplace Tech Report, we heard a nice bit of sparkle with former Groupon CEO Andrew Mason singing his ode to Steve Jobs.