From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s what’s coming up April 9:
- In Washington, the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee discusses international cooperation and space exploration at a hearing titled, “From Here to Mars.”
- A Senate Appropriations subcommittee holds a hearing on travel closer to the ground, assessing railway safety.
- The Commerce Department reports on wholesale inventories and sales for February.
- The House Committee on Small Business discusses “The Biggest Tax Problems for Small Businesses.” It is tax season.
- He’s sold a lot of magazines. Hugh Hefner turns 88.
- And someone who hates their name must have come up with this one. It’s National Name Yourself Day. Just for a day, people. You turn into a pumpkin at midnight. Call me Beatrice.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on listeners like you who believe in the power of public service journalism.
Your investment in Marketplace helps us remain paywall-free and ensures everyone has access to trustworthy, unbiased news and information, regardless of their ability to pay.
Donate today — in any amount — to become a Marketplace Investor. Now more than ever, your commitment makes a difference.