MID-DAY UPDATE: GM CEO Ed Whitacre stepping down…
- … the company reports $1.3 billion in profits— IPO to come
- Car dealers face higher demand with short supply
- New jobless claims rise again
- Foreclosures rise… but could fall again
- China cools down — is it headed for a ‘lost decade’
- Confidence or economic recovery: What comes first?
- Going green in oil country: Meet the Godfather of Solar
- TARP also bailed out foreign banks
- Green Eggs and Ham turns 50 … which is how many words it has
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.