MID-DAY UPDATE: GM CEO Ed Whitacre stepping down…
- … the company reports $1.3 billion in profits— IPO to come
- Car dealers face higher demand with short supply
- New jobless claims rise again
- Foreclosures rise… but could fall again
- China cools down — is it headed for a ‘lost decade’
- Confidence or economic recovery: What comes first?
- Going green in oil country: Meet the Godfather of Solar
- TARP also bailed out foreign banks
- Green Eggs and Ham turns 50 … which is how many words it has
Marketplace is on a mission.
We believe Main Street matters as much as Wall Street, economic news is made relevant and real through human stories, and a touch of humor helps enliven topics you might typically find…well, dull.
Through the signature style that only Marketplace can deliver, we’re on a mission to raise the economic intelligence of the country—but we don’t do it alone. We count on listeners and readers like you to keep this public service free and accessible to all. Will you become a partner in our mission today?