MID-DAY UPDATE: Coffee cup problems
- Have a cup of coffee this morning? Sustainability reporter Adriene Hill tells us why that cup is raising some environmental issues.
- The SEC will likely adopt a new rule to make it easier for some stockholders to replace directors on corporate boards.
- There's been a pile-up of car recalls -- some voluntary.
- Mortgage modifications are helping to keep re-defaulting down.
- Bob Dylan is playing a concert in San Francisco. But tickets are only on sale today and you can only pay with cash.
- We set the scene as Chilean miners remain underground for yet another week. Check out photos of what it's like around the mine in our slideshow.
- The amount of money people owe on credit cards in the second quarter dropped to the lowest level in 8 years.
- India is taking steps to keep tabs on non-governmental agencies.
- The S&P downgraded Ireland's credit rating, making it harder for the country to borrow money.