From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s what’s coming up April 15:
- The National Association of Homebuilders reports on builder confidence in the single family housing market.
- Did consumers pay more or less for stuff in March than they did in February? The Labor Department issues its Consumer Price Index.
- On April 15, 1912 the Titanic sank after a fatal run-in with an iceberg.
- Federal tax returns need to be postmarked by tomorrow. Some post offices have extended hours to accommodate procrastinators. Sounds like fun.
- And here’s some news with teeth. A ceremony at the Smithsonian’s Natural History Museum marks the arrival of a nearly-complete Tyrannosaurus rex fossil. I see a future of selfie’s with T rex.
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.