From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s what’s coming up April 15:
- The National Association of Homebuilders reports on builder confidence in the single family housing market.
- Did consumers pay more or less for stuff in March than they did in February? The Labor Department issues its Consumer Price Index.
- On April 15, 1912 the Titanic sank after a fatal run-in with an iceberg.
- Federal tax returns need to be postmarked by tomorrow. Some post offices have extended hours to accommodate procrastinators. Sounds like fun.
- And here’s some news with teeth. A ceremony at the Smithsonian’s Natural History Museum marks the arrival of a nearly-complete Tyrannosaurus rex fossil. I see a future of selfie’s with T rex.
Marketplace is on a mission.
We believe Main Street matters as much as Wall Street, economic news is made relevant and real through human stories, and a touch of humor helps enliven topics you might typically find…well, dull.
Through the signature style that only Marketplace can deliver, we’re on a mission to raise the economic intelligence of the country—but we don’t do it alone. We count on listeners and readers like you to keep this public service free and accessible to all. Will you become a partner in our mission today?