From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s what’s coming up April 15:
- The National Association of Homebuilders reports on builder confidence in the single family housing market.
- Did consumers pay more or less for stuff in March than they did in February? The Labor Department issues its Consumer Price Index.
- On April 15, 1912 the Titanic sank after a fatal run-in with an iceberg.
- Federal tax returns need to be postmarked by tomorrow. Some post offices have extended hours to accommodate procrastinators. Sounds like fun.
- And here’s some news with teeth. A ceremony at the Smithsonian’s Natural History Museum marks the arrival of a nearly-complete Tyrannosaurus rex fossil. I see a future of selfie’s with T rex.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.