From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s an extended look at what’s coming up next week:
- Take me out to the ball game. Monday is opening day for Major League Baseball.
- On March 31, 1889 the Eiffel Tower was complete! It only took 2 years, 2 months and 5 days. It’s held together by 2.5 million rivets. I counted them so you don’t have to. You can thank me later.
- Tuesday is April Fools’ Day. Tie a string around your finger so you don’t forget.
- Automakers are slated to report sales for March and the Commerce Department reports on Construction Spending for February.
- Mid-week the Senate Homeland Security Committee holds a hearing titled, “Data Breach on the Rise: Protecting Personal Information from Harm.”
- “As the World Turns” premiered in 1956. It ran until 2010. That’s a lot of soap.
- And Wednesday is Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. Burn it off *the same day in observance of National Walking Day.
- We wrap up the week with the monthly jobs report due out from the Labor Department.
- And April is Stress Awareness Month. So don’t stress about it, whatever it is. And good luck with that.
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.