From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s an extended look at what’s coming up next week:
- Take me out to the ball game. Monday is opening day for Major League Baseball.
- On March 31, 1889 the Eiffel Tower was complete! It only took 2 years, 2 months and 5 days. It’s held together by 2.5 million rivets. I counted them so you don’t have to. You can thank me later.
- Tuesday is April Fools’ Day. Tie a string around your finger so you don’t forget.
- Automakers are slated to report sales for March and the Commerce Department reports on Construction Spending for February.
- Mid-week the Senate Homeland Security Committee holds a hearing titled, “Data Breach on the Rise: Protecting Personal Information from Harm.”
- “As the World Turns” premiered in 1956. It ran until 2010. That’s a lot of soap.
- And Wednesday is Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. Burn it off *the same day in observance of National Walking Day.
- We wrap up the week with the monthly jobs report due out from the Labor Department.
- And April is Stress Awareness Month. So don’t stress about it, whatever it is. And good luck with that.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.