Here’s an extended look at what’s coming up next week:
- In Barcelona, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is scheduled to speak on opening day of the Mobile World Congress 2014.
- On Tuesday, a hearing in the Senate takes up the issue of solitary confinement.
- The Conference Board releases its monthly Consumer Confidence Index.
- Midweek we get a look at new home sales for January. That’s from the Commerce Department.
- Let’s take a little vacation: The Grand Canyon celebrates 95 years as a National Park. About 5 million people visit each year.
- Levi Strauss was born in Bavaria on February 26, 1829. (If he hadn’t been I just don’t know what I’d wear most days.)
- After 11 seasons, television audiences said a tearful goodbye to M*A*S*H. The final episode aired February 28, 1983.
- And we honor one of my favorite nightshift workers: Friday is National Tooth Fairy day.
You can live the Datebook lifestyle at marketplace.org/Datebook.
“I think the best compliment I can give is not to say how much your programs have taught me (a ton), but how much Marketplace has motivated me to go out and teach myself.” – Michael in Arlington, VABEFORE YOU GO