Gas prices are up, and one listener wants to know who is and who isn’t to blame. On the show today, we do a little fact-checking on who’s really responsible for the high price at the pump. Plus, we’ll answer a lingering question about the carbon tax and explain how companies make money from the stock market. And Molly shares some important news about a big change she’s making.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Why politicians have little sway over gas prices” from “Marketplace”
- “Three Reasons Why Gas Prices Are So High Right Now” from Business Insider
- ICYMI: our episode on the case for a carbon tax
- MIT’s study on carbon taxes
- “Understanding how an IPO gets priced” from “Marketplace”
Keep sending your questions. Call us at 508-82-SMART (508-827-6278) or send a voice, memo.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.