Obamacare’s Big Day: Follow along at home
It may not be exactly like a big, blockbuster movie opening, or like the first day of a new baseball season, but Tuesday is opening day for President Obama’s signature health care overhaul. Like it or not, millions of Americans will be able to enroll for some sort of health care through state and federal exchanges — that is, if the computers hold up. And if you want to follow along with the action the way you would, say, the season finale of a certain TV show, we’ve assembled a list of must-follow Twitterati:
- Dan Gorenstein, @dmgorenstein, Marketplace health reporter
- Joanne Kenen, @JoanneKenen, Politico health editor
- Charles Ornstein, @charlesornstein, ProPublica senior reporter
- Sarah Kliff, @sarahkliff, Washington Post health policy reporter
- Jordan Rau, @jordanrau, Kaiser Health News senior correspondent
- Kaiser Health News, @khnews
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.