ICYMI: Covering Moore’s tornado, the dark side of QE and other stories you should listen to
Every week, one Marketplace staff member offers their favorite stories from the past week. Here are some of the stories that caught my attention this past week.
- Our interviews with Moore residents ran the gamut from tears to pragmatism to…um…dressing up as a Victorian gunfighter.
- Delta’s chief executive officer, Richard Anderson, discusses the industry, mergers, passenger fees and why Delta thinks it’s about to have its most profitable year ever.
- Stacey Vanek Smith had a lovely bit of writing around a smart conceit on tax havens and Manhattan, carried just far enough and no further.
- Seven Tips on handling a debt collector: Intriguing non-narrated piece produced by Lindsay Thomas for Money last week.
- Noel King’s story on young athletes had fresh insight, great tape, smartly-structured. Yet another knock-out piece from Noel!
- I also recommend you listen to David Weinberg on the dark side of QE and Sally Herships on what Target is really up to, flogging wedding dresses for $70.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on listeners like you who believe in the power of public service journalism.
Your investment in Marketplace helps us remain paywall-free and ensures everyone has access to trustworthy, unbiased news and information, regardless of their ability to pay.
Donate today — in any amount — to become a Marketplace Investor. Now more than ever, your commitment makes a difference.