Playlist: Beethoven and Gaga
Submitted by Mike Burns
Truth is, when traveling on business I prefer listening to Marketplace Money podcasts, and I also listen to Planet Money from NPR on the airplane.
At the hotel I use my iPod Shuffle, which is loaded with Bruce Springsteen, Lady Gaga, Simon and Garfunkle, Chicago Symphony – Beethoven’s 9th, Meat Loaf, and a few others. I don’t like to watch TV in the hotel – makes it seem lonelier — so I set up Beethoven’s 9th Symphony and turn the lights down. For the next two hours it’s just me and the symphony.
- The Essential Bruce Springsteen – Bruce SpringsteenBuy
- Live From New York City, 1967 – Simon and GarfunkelBuy
- The Fame Monster – Lady GagaBuy
- Beethoven 9th Symphony – Georg Solti Conducting the Chicago Symphony OrchestraBuy
- Bat Out of Hell – Meat LoafBuy
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.