Another COVID-19 vaccine looks promising, but who will take it?
Share Now on:
AstraZeneca is the third pharmaceutical company in recent weeks to say it has a potentially viable coronavirus vaccine, and a cheaper one at that. With Marketplace’s Marielle Segarra, we’ll talk about how businesses can influence public health once we have a vaccine and even dare to imagine a day when kids can permanently go back to school. Plus: We talk about the people President-elect Joe Biden has tapped to run the Treasury and State departments. Did you know Antony Blinken has a singing career?
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “3rd major COVID-19 vaccine shown to be effective and cheaper” from the Associated Press
- “Vaccination will be required to fly, says Qantas chief” from the BBC
- “Biden Picks Janet Yellen for Treasury Secretary” from The Wall Street Journal
- “‘The end is in sight’: Experts express optimism about COVID-19 pandemic coming to a close” from the Boston Globe
- “Key government agency acknowledges Biden’s win and begins formal transition” from CNN
- Antony Blinken’s Spotify page
- And this Janet Yellen meme
Finally: We need your voice memos! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for Kai Ryssdal and Molly Wood to answer! Here’s how to do it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.