The United Nations report on the climate crisis may have fallen out of the headlines, but we’re still taking about it on the show. Today, we’ll dig into how the climate is behind a historic water shortage in the West affecting millions of residents and businesses. We’ll also talk about today’s other big story: the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan and the rise of the Taliban. Plus, yay for reducing child hunger in America and congrats to U.S. soccer star Carli Lloyd on her retirement.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “First-ever water cuts declared for Colorado River in Historic Drought” from CNN
- “Biden’s Betrayal of Afghans Will Live in Infamy” from The Atlantic
- “First Child Tax Credit Payments Slashed Child Hunger By 24 Percent” from Fatherly
- “Biden Administration to Increase Food Aid” from Pew Charitable Trusts
- “USWNT star Carli Lloyd content as she announces she’s retiring at the end of this year” from the Los Angeles Times
Our show needs your voice! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for our hosts to answer! Send a voice memo or give us a call at 508-82-SMART (508-827-6278).
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.