Facebook makes an interesting decision about speech on the company’s internal version of the social media site that has us going . Plus: the pandemic in Europe, small business closures and Martha Stewart’s Instagram.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “WHO warns of ‘very serious situation’ in Europe, with ‘alarming rates’ of virus transmission” from CNN
- “Facebook to Curb Internal Debate Over Sensitive Issues Amid Staff Discord” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to give state Capitol speech Wednesday” from the Wisconsin State Journal
- “Yelp data shows 60% of business closures due to the coronavirus pandemic are now permanent” from CNBC
- “Martha Stewart, Blissed Out on CBD, Is Doing Just Fine” from The New York Times
- Finally, this blissed-out pic from Stewart’s Instagram:
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.