Winter is coming — eventually. Hopefully there’ll be plenty of cheer, but what about discount electronics? We answer one listener’s question about how the chip shortage will affect the holiday shopping season. Plus, Florida takes on tech, and the return of the dual voice memo!
Here’s everything we talked about on the show today:
- “Chip shortage hitting just about anything with a plug or battery” from “Marketplace”
- How the global chip shortage could ruin Black Friday from Protocol
- Florida Fines Social Media Companies for Banning Candidates from The New York Times
- Florida’s New Social Media Bill Will Be Laughed Out of Court from Wired
- “The Coming Currency War” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Still Getting Your Head Around Digital Currency? So Are Central Bankers” from The New York Times
- “China leads the digital currency pack. Do we need to keep up?” from “Marketplace Tech”
“Make Me Smart” is powered by listeners like you. Become a Marketplace Investor before Thursday to help us reach our fundraising goal: marketplace.com/givesmart
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.