- The Polaris Project has many resources, including the National Human Trafficking Resource Center hotline and text service.
Handbooks for health care workers
- International Organization for Migration has a free PDF handbook for health care providers called “Caring for Trafficked Persons.”
- Massachusetts Medical Society also has a guide on identifying and treating trafficking victims.
- The Department of Health and Human Services also has reference materials and a toolkit for health care workers.
- The National Human Trafficking Resource Center has a webinar for health workers.
- Heal Trafficking has a compendium of medical literature and educational programs.
Marketplace’s three-part series on human trafficking and health care:
Part 1: Health care takes on the fight against trafficking
Part 2: This is what happened when a trafficking victim finally got a chance to run
Part 3: Identifying trafficking victims is just the start of health care’s challenge