MID-DAY UPDATE: The Senate could vote today to send $26 billion to the states…
- … The “jobs bill“would avert state worker layoffs.
- New unemployment claims rise
- Sales for big retailers like Costco, Macy’s, & Target are sluggish
- Russia bans grain exports because of drought. U.S. wheat prices hit a two-year high
- Law would help Chinese workers unionize
- You might have to pay extra for “premium” web content
- Mortgage rates hit another record low
- Sell the right to immigrate to the highest bidder?
- Are Internet apps killing the telephone number?
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on listeners like you who believe in the power of public service journalism.
Your investment in Marketplace helps us remain paywall-free and ensures everyone has access to trustworthy, unbiased news and information, regardless of their ability to pay.
Donate today — in any amount — to become a Marketplace Investor. Now more than ever, your commitment makes a difference.