Our new Marketplace Crash Course is here to help. Sign-up for free, learn at your own pace.
MID-DAY UPDATE: The Senate could vote today to send $26 billion to the states…
- … The “jobs bill“would avert state worker layoffs.
- New unemployment claims rise
- Sales for big retailers like Costco, Macy’s, & Target are sluggish
- Russia bans grain exports because of drought. U.S. wheat prices hit a two-year high
- Law would help Chinese workers unionize
- You might have to pay extra for “premium” web content
- Mortgage rates hit another record low
- Sell the right to immigrate to the highest bidder?
- Are Internet apps killing the telephone number?
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.