MID-DAY UPDATE: The Senate could vote today to send $26 billion to the states…
- … The “jobs bill“would avert state worker layoffs.
- New unemployment claims rise
- Sales for big retailers like Costco, Macy’s, & Target are sluggish
- Russia bans grain exports because of drought. U.S. wheat prices hit a two-year high
- Law would help Chinese workers unionize
- You might have to pay extra for “premium” web content
- Mortgage rates hit another record low
- Sell the right to immigrate to the highest bidder?
- Are Internet apps killing the telephone number?
Marketplace is on a mission.
We believe Main Street matters as much as Wall Street, economic news is made relevant and real through human stories, and a touch of humor helps enliven topics you might typically find…well, dull.
Through the signature style that only Marketplace can deliver, we’re on a mission to raise the economic intelligence of the country—but we don’t do it alone. We count on listeners and readers like you to keep this public service free and accessible to all. Will you become a partner in our mission today?