Ask Money

Yes, File 2007 Taxes

Chris Farrell Feb 25, 2008

Question: My 27-year-old daughter is developmentally disabled, lives at home and works for a sheltered workshop. Her last years’ earnings were $1646, no federal or state taxes withheld, just social security and medicare. She also receives around $1000 in SSI per month. 1) Does she need to file taxes? 2) Is she eligible for the up to $600 “rebate”? Thanks for your time. Sincerely, Tina

Answer: Yes, everyone must file 2007 taxes to get a rebate.

We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.

Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.

In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.

Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.