We’re going to get the latest year-over-year inflation data early tomorrow morning. It will, in all likelihood, be followed by some misleading headlines — remember what was happening a year ago? Today, we’ll tell you what to keep an eye on. Plus: Kai and Molly talk about Alibaba, fire season, Mars and rhinos to round out this catch-up, grab-bag episode.
Here’s what we talked about today:
- “Ant Group Announces Overhaul as China Tightens Its Grip” from The New York Times
- “Jack Ma’s Ant Group Bows to Beijing With Company Overhaul” from The Wall Street Journal
- “‘This has never happened’: California’s only wildfire research center makes scary discovery” from SF Gate
- “As Biden works to fix chips shortage, Intel promises help for hurting automakers” from Reuters
- “Nepal’s Rhino Population Grows, Likely Boosted by Covid-19 Closures” from The Wall Street Journal
- “NASA’s Mars helicopter gets ready to make history” from National Geographic
Finally: We need your voice memos! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for Kai Ryssdal and Molly Wood to answer! Here’s how to do it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.