Twitter is full of conversation starters. Most of them are bad, but today we hit on a thread that really did make us think. It’s all about the why, if not the how, of banning cryptocurrency for the sake of the environment. On today’s show, we’ll pick it apart a bit. Plus: Facebook vs. Apple and Apple vs. podcasters. Oh, and some vaccine news to start us off.
Here’s everything we talked about on the show today:
- “U.S. to Share AstraZeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Doses With World” from The Wall Street Journal
- “U.S. Population Over Last Decade Grew at Slowest Rate Since 1930s” from The New York Times
- “How Mark Zuckerberg and Apple’s CEO Became Foes” from The New York Times
- This thread from @JoshuaACNewman and this one from @AlexandraErin.
- “Someone deciphered the Ted Lasso shortbread recipe from Apple’s Spring Loaded event” from The Verge
- “Russian man ‘trapped’ on Chinese reality TV show finally voted out” from The Straits Times
Finally: We need your voice memos! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for Kai Ryssdal and Molly Wood to answer! Here’s how to do it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.