We’re trying to raise $200,000 by midnight! Help us reach our goal.
After failing to agree on and pass a new pandemic relief bill, the U.S. Senate appears to have officially recognized July 2020 as National Blueberry Month. That sounds at least a little productive … until you remember July ends Saturday, and so does the extra $600 weekly unemployment benefit millions of Americans rely on. You know it was a tough day when even “Make Me Smile” makes us cry.
Here’s a list of everything we talked about today:
- The latest on the COVID-19 relief bill from the Associated Press
- Good news for the nation’s blueberry farmers/eaters
- “As the Pandemic Forced Layoffs, C.E.O.s Gave Up Little” from The New York Times
- The disconnect between tech stocks and the historically bad GDP numbers
- “GOP Staffers Detail Ridicule for Wearing Masks at Capitol” from New York magazine
- “Trump Might Try to Postpone the Election. That’s Unconstitutional.” from The New York Times Opinion
- “Documenting John Lewis’s last public appearance” from the Washington Post
- “One Taco Bell is offering guests free tacos if they pay with coins as a nationwide coin shortage continues” from Business Insider
- “RIP Herman Cain, Pizza Magnate and Proto-Trump” from New York magazine
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.