Kai’s kids had their first miserable day of remote learning today; Molly’s kid was back at it last week, while she provided IT support. The situation at some colleges and universities is even worse, with students being sent home just days after arriving (and paying deposits for the semester). It’s all playing out just as Scott Galloway predicted. And it’s still only August. To lighten the mood: “The Golden Girls” and a whiz-bang way to get people to put masks on. Plus, a “state of democracy” update from Molly.
Here’s a list of what we talked about today:
- “UNC-Chapel Hill reverses plans for in-person classes after 130 students test positive for Covid-19” from CNN
- “We saw this coming” from the Daily Tar Heel, UNC’s student newspaper
- “Mortgage delinquencies surge more than 8% to a 9-year high as the coronavirus pandemic hits a corner of the housing market” from Insider
- “Lawsuit against Trump, postal chief seeks proper funding” from the Washington Post
- “House Democrats will vote on giving Postal Service a $25 billion boost” from CNN
- “‘The Golden Girls’ House Sells for $1 Million Over Ask” from The Wall Street Journal
- Finally, we present to you “The Karenator”:
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.