For now, it’s millionaires versus billionaires.
The MLB is exploring a way to get baseball season started during the pandemic… and Kai’s out today. So we drafted Andy Uhler to go deep on the players union, salary caps and more. Plus: a playlist for your weekend and, oh yeah, Facebook’s $400 million purchase of Giphy.
Thanks to everyone who joined us live on YouTube! Subscribe so you don’t miss our next one. Some of the stuff we discussed today:
- A little bit about our guest host, Marketplace reporter Andy Uhler
- “Facebook to buy Giphy for $400 million” in Axios
- “Justice Department, State Attorneys General Likely to Bring Antitrust Lawsuits Against Google” in The Wall Street Journal
- “Rays ace Blake Snell says he refuses to play for reduced MLB salary” on ESPN
- “How to watch Korean Baseball Organization games without cable” from CNET
- Speaking of ESPN… here’s the official Spotify playlist for “The Last Dance“
- “Your Favorite Restaurants Have Released Their Secret Recipes!” in My Daily Magazine
- Finally, that Disney turkey leg.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.