Like so many people hanging out at home in this pandemic, our listener Joel got a dog. He wants to know if enough people got new pets to make an economic impact. On today’s show, we’ll do the numbers and answer more of your questions about wildfires and vaccines. Plus, we’ll get an update from Kimberly’s Uncle Davids.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “F.D.A. Aims to Give Final Approval to Pfizer Vaccine by Early Next Month” from The New York Times
- “Q&A: When might the coronavirus vaccines get full approval?” from The Washington Post
- “California’s 2018 wildfires caused $150 billion in damages” from Science Daily
- “Thanks to sheltering in place, animal shelters are empty” from Wired
- “No, People Are Not Returning Pandemic Dogs in Droves” from The New York Times
- More pet data from Packaged Facts
- “DTC dog food brands are on the rise: What to know” from NBC News
- Some background on Kimberly’s Uncle Davids
Our show needs your voice! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for our hosts to answer! Send a voice memo or give us a call at 508-82-SMART (508-827-6278).
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.