Welcome to the metaverse! It’s run by Facebook. Plus: We cover a wide range of topics on this show and on our other daily news programs. But there’s a big one, a part of the human condition, we don’t often touch. So today we’re going to talk a bit about the proliferation of “ethical non-monogamy” on dating apps, the increase in sex toy sales in the pandemic, and why we don’t talk about those things on air very often.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Mark Zuckerberg is betting Facebook’s future on the metaverse” from The Verge
- “Polyamory increases in popularity as record numbers flock to dating apps” from ABC News
- “How Polyamorists and Polygamists Are Challenging Family Norms” from The New Yorker
- “People are more sexually adventurous right now — and more cautious” from Mashable
- “Augmented reality may change how we see the world. Until then, we have Pokémon.” from “Marketplace Tech”
- Plus a Pokémon grammar lesson
- “Jordan Peele reveals title of new thriller starring Daniel Kaluuya” from The A.V. Club
Our show needs your voice! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for our hosts to answer! Send a voice memo or give us a call at 508-82-SMART (508-827-6278).
Join us on YouTube Fridays at 3:30 p.m. Pacific/6:30 p.m. Eastern for our live happy hour episode! Subscribe to our channel and sign up for notifications so you don’t miss it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.