From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up Wednesday, May 7, 2014:
- In Washington, the Federal Reserve is scheduled to release its monthly consumer credit report.
- The Senate Special Aging Committee discusses the fight against cancer.
- Actor Michael E. Knight of “All My Children” fame turns 55.
- On May 7, 1824, in Vienna, Beethoven‘s Ninth Symphony premiered.
- And the Dow Jones closed above 15,000 for the first time just one year ago.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.