From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up Wednesday, May 7, 2014:
- In Washington, the Federal Reserve is scheduled to release its monthly consumer credit report.
- The Senate Special Aging Committee discusses the fight against cancer.
- Actor Michael E. Knight of “All My Children” fame turns 55.
- On May 7, 1824, in Vienna, Beethoven‘s Ninth Symphony premiered.
- And the Dow Jones closed above 15,000 for the first time just one year ago.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on listeners like you who believe in the power of public service journalism.
Your investment in Marketplace helps us remain paywall-free and ensures everyone has access to trustworthy, unbiased news and information, regardless of their ability to pay.
Donate today — in any amount — to become a Marketplace Investor. Now more than ever, your commitment makes a difference.