From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up Wednesday, May 7, 2014:
- In Washington, the Federal Reserve is scheduled to release its monthly consumer credit report.
- The Senate Special Aging Committee discusses the fight against cancer.
- Actor Michael E. Knight of “All My Children” fame turns 55.
- On May 7, 1824, in Vienna, Beethoven‘s Ninth Symphony premiered.
- And the Dow Jones closed above 15,000 for the first time just one year ago.
Marketplace is on a mission.
We believe Main Street matters as much as Wall Street, economic news is made relevant and real through human stories, and a touch of humor helps enliven topics you might typically find…well, dull.
Through the signature style that only Marketplace can deliver, we’re on a mission to raise the economic intelligence of the country—but we don’t do it alone. We count on listeners and readers like you to keep this public service free and accessible to all. Will you become a partner in our mission today?