From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up April 16, 2014:
- In Washington, the Commerce Department reports on construction of new homes for March.
- The Federal Reserve releases its latest Beige Book summary of commentary on current economic conditions.
- “Protecting Your Personal Data: How Law Enforcement Works With the Private Sector to Prevent Cybercrime”: The name of a House field hearing being held in Philadelphia.
- Actor Charlie Chaplin was born on April 16, 1889.
- And aviation pioneer Wilbur Wright was born on April 16, 1867. He and his younger brother, Orville, took flight 36 years later.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.
Donate now to get almost any thank-you gift.