Donate $5/month or more today to get almost ANY thank-you gift.
From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up Thursday:
- 46 years ago Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous “Mountaintop” speech in Memphis, Tenn. He was assassinated the next day.
- In Washington, the Commerce Department reports on international trade for February.
- The Senate Foreign Relations Committee receives a closed briefing on Russia.
- Actor Marlon Brando was born on April 3, 1924. He would have been 90.
- And some folks observe National Find a Rainbow Day. Don’t want to go outside? Just dig in your box of crayons.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.
Donate now to get almost any thank-you gift.