From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up Thursday:
- 46 years ago Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous “Mountaintop” speech in Memphis, Tenn. He was assassinated the next day.
- In Washington, the Commerce Department reports on international trade for February.
- The Senate Foreign Relations Committee receives a closed briefing on Russia.
- Actor Marlon Brando was born on April 3, 1924. He would have been 90.
- And some folks observe National Find a Rainbow Day. Don’t want to go outside? Just dig in your box of crayons.
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.