From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up Thursday:
- 46 years ago Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous “Mountaintop” speech in Memphis, Tenn. He was assassinated the next day.
- In Washington, the Commerce Department reports on international trade for February.
- The Senate Foreign Relations Committee receives a closed briefing on Russia.
- Actor Marlon Brando was born on April 3, 1924. He would have been 90.
- And some folks observe National Find a Rainbow Day. Don’t want to go outside? Just dig in your box of crayons.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on listeners like you who believe in the power of public service journalism.
Your investment in Marketplace helps us remain paywall-free and ensures everyone has access to trustworthy, unbiased news and information, regardless of their ability to pay.
Donate today — in any amount — to become a Marketplace Investor. Now more than ever, your commitment makes a difference.