From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up Friday:
- The House Homeland Security subcommittee on Transportation Security holds a field hearing in Los Angeles. “Lessons from the LAX Shooting: Preparing for and Responding to Emergencies at Airports.”
- In Washington, the Commerce Department reports on personal income and spending for February.
- Grab your popcorn and your Dramamine and both your dogs. “Noah” sails to the big screen.
- Lady Gaga turns 28. Did you know that there is a Guinness World Record for the largest gathering of Lady Gaga Impersonators? That would be 121 impersonators at the 2011 Grammys.
- And she has a long list of credits including “Footloose”, “Bullets Over Broadway” and TV’s “Law & Order.” Actress Dianne Wiest turns 66.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.