From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s a look at what’s coming up Wednesday:
- In Washington, the Commerce Department reports on durable goods orders for February.
- The Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee holds a hearing titled, “Protecting Personal Consumer Information from Cyber Attacks and Data Breaches.”
- Sandra Day O’Connor turns 84. She was the first woman justice to serve on the Supreme Court.
- Who is playing Lollapalooza this summer in Chicago? The lineup is scheduled to be announced.
- And you know how we like to talk about food here at Datebook headquarters. March 26 is National Spinach Day. You remember the superfood spinach? You loved it before kale began its quiet, seemingly aloof advance on the farmers’ markets only to invade your home with its leafy green hipness. That band you love? Kale was listening to it before it was cool. Vegetables like that need to be chopped.
If you’re a member of your local public radio station, we thank you — because your support helps those stations keep programs like Marketplace on the air. But for Marketplace to continue to grow, we need additional investment from those who care most about what we do: superfans like you.
Your donation — as little as $5 — helps us create more content that matters to you and your community, and to reach more people where they are – whether that’s radio, podcasts or online.
When you contribute directly to Marketplace, you become a partner in that mission: someone who understands that when we all get smarter, everybody wins.