From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s an extended look at what’s coming up next week:
- Why can’t Daylight Saving Time begin on a Friday at 4 p.m.? That’s when I’m ready to spring forward.
- Forty-nine years ago Neil Simon’s “The Odd Couple” bowed on Broadway. Several versions have followed for film and TV and stage. (Because you can’t get enough of a bad roommate.)
- On Tuesday, two swell guys celebrate birthdays. Barbie’s boyfriend Ken turns 53. And “Jackass” star Johnny Knoxville turns 43. (Meaning they’re both Pisces.)
- Midweek we get a look at the nation’s balance sheet. The Treasury Department issues its monthly statement for February.
- On Thursday, the Commerce Department reports on retail sales for February.
- On Friday, the Labor Department releases its Producer Price Index.
- And with all the change in our lives it’s nice to know that there is a constant. A mathematical constant, that is. 3-14 or March 14 is Pi Day.
You can live the Datebook lifestyle at marketplace.org/Datebook.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.