From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s an extended look at what’s coming up next week:
- Why can’t Daylight Saving Time begin on a Friday at 4 p.m.? That’s when I’m ready to spring forward.
- Forty-nine years ago Neil Simon’s “The Odd Couple” bowed on Broadway. Several versions have followed for film and TV and stage. (Because you can’t get enough of a bad roommate.)
- On Tuesday, two swell guys celebrate birthdays. Barbie’s boyfriend Ken turns 53. And “Jackass” star Johnny Knoxville turns 43. (Meaning they’re both Pisces.)
- Midweek we get a look at the nation’s balance sheet. The Treasury Department issues its monthly statement for February.
- On Thursday, the Commerce Department reports on retail sales for February.
- On Friday, the Labor Department releases its Producer Price Index.
- And with all the change in our lives it’s nice to know that there is a constant. A mathematical constant, that is. 3-14 or March 14 is Pi Day.
You can live the Datebook lifestyle at marketplace.org/Datebook.
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.