From the Marketplace Datebook, here’s an extended look at what’s coming up next week:
- Why can’t Daylight Saving Time begin on a Friday at 4 p.m.? That’s when I’m ready to spring forward.
- Forty-nine years ago Neil Simon’s “The Odd Couple” bowed on Broadway. Several versions have followed for film and TV and stage. (Because you can’t get enough of a bad roommate.)
- On Tuesday, two swell guys celebrate birthdays. Barbie’s boyfriend Ken turns 53. And “Jackass” star Johnny Knoxville turns 43. (Meaning they’re both Pisces.)
- Midweek we get a look at the nation’s balance sheet. The Treasury Department issues its monthly statement for February.
- On Thursday, the Commerce Department reports on retail sales for February.
- On Friday, the Labor Department releases its Producer Price Index.
- And with all the change in our lives it’s nice to know that there is a constant. A mathematical constant, that is. 3-14 or March 14 is Pi Day.
You can live the Datebook lifestyle at marketplace.org/Datebook.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on listeners like you who believe in the power of public service journalism.
Your investment in Marketplace helps us remain paywall-free and ensures everyone has access to trustworthy, unbiased news and information, regardless of their ability to pay.
Donate today — in any amount — to become a Marketplace Investor. Now more than ever, your commitment makes a difference.
Thank you to our Marketplace Investors!
Your generosity keeps nonprofit journalism strong, now more