Things to believe in: the Grand Canyon and the tooth fairy
Share Now on:
Here’s an extended look at what’s coming up next week:
- In Barcelona, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is scheduled to speak on opening day of the Mobile World Congress 2014.
- On Tuesday, a hearing in the Senate takes up the issue of solitary confinement.
- The Conference Board releases its monthly Consumer Confidence Index.
- Midweek we get a look at new home sales for January. That’s from the Commerce Department.
- Let’s take a little vacation: The Grand Canyon celebrates 95 years as a National Park. About 5 million people visit each year.
- Levi Strauss was born in Bavaria on February 26, 1829. (If he hadn’t been I just don’t know what I’d wear most days.)
- After 11 seasons, television audiences said a tearful goodbye to M*A*S*H. The final episode aired February 28, 1983.
- And we honor one of my favorite nightshift workers: Friday is National Tooth Fairy day.
You can live the Datebook lifestyle at marketplace.org/Datebook.
There’s a lot happening in the world. Through it all, Marketplace is here for you.
You rely on Marketplace to break down the world’s events and tell you how it affects you in a fact-based, approachable way. We rely on your financial support to keep making that possible.
Your donation today powers the independent journalism that you rely on. For just $5/month, you can help sustain Marketplace so we can keep reporting on the things that matter to you.