Things to believe in: the Grand Canyon and the tooth fairy
Share Now on:
Here’s an extended look at what’s coming up next week:
- In Barcelona, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is scheduled to speak on opening day of the Mobile World Congress 2014.
- On Tuesday, a hearing in the Senate takes up the issue of solitary confinement.
- The Conference Board releases its monthly Consumer Confidence Index.
- Midweek we get a look at new home sales for January. That’s from the Commerce Department.
- Let’s take a little vacation: The Grand Canyon celebrates 95 years as a National Park. About 5 million people visit each year.
- Levi Strauss was born in Bavaria on February 26, 1829. (If he hadn’t been I just don’t know what I’d wear most days.)
- After 11 seasons, television audiences said a tearful goodbye to M*A*S*H. The final episode aired February 28, 1983.
- And we honor one of my favorite nightshift workers: Friday is National Tooth Fairy day.
You can live the Datebook lifestyle at marketplace.org/Datebook.
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.