What’s In Your Wallet, Tess Vigeland?
In our new weekly feature on Marketplace Money, we’re take a look at what’s In your wallet. We started in Los Angeles by interviewing three pedestrians outside the Disney Concert Hall. We also enlisted our very own Tess Vigeland, host of Marketplace Money. She was kind enough to open up her Argentinian wallet to show us what she carries around every day.
- Eleven dollar bills: “I don’t have very much cash in here.”
- A Starbucks gold card: “…which entitles me to a free drink every $3,000 or something like that … I won’t tell you how much I spend at Starbucks.”
- A gift card to the Burt Williams Spa: “It was a Christmas gift.”
- Student ID from Improve Olympics West: “I did this improv class, and I was supposed to go to all these show to pass the class. I never made it to any shows so I’m not sure if I passed the class or not.”
- Three credit cards (two personal, one business) and a debt card
- California license
- Ralph’s grocery rewards card: “I have all kinds of store cards.”
- Marketplace Money business cards
- Two tickets to AMC theaters: “My colleague Bob Moon gave me these as a thank you gift for inviting him to my holiday party.”
- Business card for Pasadena’s Powerful Piano Salon: “This is my other business cards from my piano salon, [which] is a group of women in Pasadena that play classical piano. We get together every quarter or so. I am a founding member.”
We’re here to help you navigate this changed world and economy.
Our mission at Marketplace is to raise the economic intelligence of the country. It’s a tough task, but it’s never been more important.
In the past year, we’ve seen record unemployment, stimulus bills, and reddit users influencing the stock market. Marketplace helps you understand it all, will fact-based, approachable, and unbiased reporting.
Generous support from listeners and readers is what powers our nonprofit news—and your donation today will help provide this essential service. For just $5/month, you can sustain independent journalism that keeps you and thousands of others informed.
Give today and get our limited edition tote.