Voting tech company Smartmatic is suing several of Donald Trump’s allies, Fox News personalities and the network itself for an eye-watering $2.7 billion in damages over false claims of fraud in the 2020 election. Another company, Dominion, has been rattling its saber as well. Today we’ll talk about where those suits might go and why even the right-wing Newsmax is backing off its #StopTheSteal claims. Plus: Snow cocktails!
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Democrats Want To Focus On Marjorie Taylor Greene. That May Come Back To Haunt Them.” from BuzzFeed News
- “WELP: Republican Voters Approve of Marjorie Taylor Greene Over Liz Cheney By a Whopping 38 Points in New Poll” from Mediaite
- “Smartmatic Files $2.7 Billion Lawsuit Against Fox News” from The New York Times
- “Newsmax anchor storms off set when MyPillow CEO voices election conspiracies” from CNN
- Snow cocktails from chef Jose Andres
- “We talked to the Marine from this viral Inauguration Day photo with Lady Gaga” from Task and Purpose
- “Amanda Gorman Interviewed by Michelle Obama” from Time
Join us live on YouTube Friday at 3:30 p.m. Pacific time/6:30 p.m. Eastern for our live happy hour episode! Subscribe to our channel and sign up for notifications so you don’t miss it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.