James Murdoch, scion of News Corp. founder Rupert Murdoch, resigned from the company’s board of directors today, citing “disagreements over certain editorial content.” We’ll spend a little time today talking about what that means for James’ older brother, Lachlan, and the family’s media empire. Plus, somehow “Make Me Smile” keeps getting sadder. TGIF.
Here’s a list of everything we talked about today:
- “James Murdoch resigns from News Corp, citing ‘disagreements over certain editorial content’ ” from CNN
- “COVID-19 Hospital Data System That Bypasses CDC Plagued By Delays, Inaccuracies” from NPR
- “A day after Trump floats an election delay, the White House denounces a postponement in Hong Kong” from the Washington Post
- “Why Oprah Gave Up Her Cover for the First Time Ever to Honor Breonna Taylor” from O Magazine
- And a follow-up on a story we covered previously: “Grace, Black Teen Jailed for Not Doing Her Online Coursework, Is Released” from ProPublica
Thanks to everyone who joined us for the live show on YouTube today! Subscribe so you don’t miss the next one.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.