Molly calls it fight-or-flight wearing off. Kai calls it rubber-band syndrome. It’s that special kind of burnout where you’ve been working so hard for so long, keeping it all together, that the second you take a breath, you’re instantly knocked on your butt. We know we’re not the only ones feeling that way — CVS is offering in-store therapy now! —and it might get worse before it gets better, so today we’re gonna talk about it. Plus: Amazon’s “oil company money,” Rice Krispies Treats and T-Pain’s DMs.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “CVS To Offer In-Store Mental Health Counseling” from NPR
- This study from the company Hibob
- “Twitter’s revenue jumps 28 percent in its first post-Trump quarter” from The New York Times
- “Facebook revenue rises 48%, driven by higher-priced ads” from CNBC
- “Amazon’s Profit Run Continues, Bolstered by Sustained Demand” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Biden’s Economic Plan Would Redistribute Trillions and Expand Government” also from The Wall Street Journal
- “Rice Krispies Treats Remixed: Pro Tips and Recipes” from — get this — The Wall Street Journal
- “T-Pain Revealed That He’s Accidentally Been Ignoring Some Celebs For Over Two Years In A Hilarious TikTok” from BuzzFeed
Join us on YouTube Fridays at 3:30 p.m. Pacific/6:30 p.m. Eastern for our live happy hour episode! Subscribe to our channel and sign up for notifications so you don’t miss it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.