Crypto enthusiasts came through. They’ve raised $40 million to buy a rare copy of the U.S. Constitution that’s up for auction to put it back in “the hands of the people.” (As of this taping, the copy has not sold.) We’ll explain how this all ties into what’s happening in the crypto space. Plus, why inflation is hitting some parts of the United States harder than others and the problem with Biden’s plan to open ports 24/7. Oh, and smiling quokkas!
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “A group of crypto investors is trying to buy a copy of the Constitution — for $40 million” from CNN
- “Truckers Steer Clear of 24-Hour Operations at Southern California Ports” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Where Inflation Is Highest in U.S.” also from The Wall Street Journal
- “US auctions off oil and gas drilling leases in Gulf of Mexico after climate talks” from The Guardian
- “Furor Over Peng Shuai’s #Metoo Accusation Challenges China” from The New York Times
- Smiling quokka’s
- Video: “Top Gun,” Ohio State vs. Purdue halftime
Join us on YouTube Fridays at 3:30 p.m. Pacific/6:30 p.m. Eastern for our live happy hour episode! Subscribe to our channel and sign up for notifications so you don’t miss it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.