It’s been more than a week since President Donald Trump took executive action to extend unemployment benefits. One of our listeners wants to know: Has anyone actually received a check yet? The answer is … complicated. But we’ll do what we can. Plus, questions about COVID-19 testing, the Dow and Trump’s proposal to eliminate payroll taxes on today’s Whadda Ya Wanna Know Wednesday. But first, there are some bigger stories we need to talk about.
Here’s a list of everything we talked about today:
- Live updates on the NBA, which has postponed playoff games tonight after the Bucks declined to play in protest of police brutality
- And more on that story from ESPN
- “Antioch teen taken into custody for shooting deaths in Kenosha Tuesday” from the Kenosha News
- “Kyle Rittenhouse, charged in Kenosha protest homicides, considered himself militia” from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- “$300 Unemployment Benefit: Who Will Get It and When?” from the New York Times
- “‘It’s Like Having No Testing’: Coronavirus Test Results Are Still Delayed” also from the New York Times
- “Dow index boosts its tech profile with addition of Salesforce” from Marketplace
- “Terminating payroll tax could end Social Security benefits in 2023, chief actuary warns” from NBC News
Listening makes you smarter…
donating makes it all possible.
You asked for it, and we delivered: “Make Me Smart” is now coming to you five days a week, helping you make sense of what’s happening every day.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on your investment in the essential service we provide.