On today’s show, we’ll dig into former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson’s column in Foreign Affairs about how to keep the dollar strong. Plus, Big Tech’s new work-from-home reality check and some useful euphemisms for “President Trump lied.”
Here are some links to what we talked about today:
- “The Future of the Dollar” in Foreign Affairs
- “A Churchill ‘Quote’ That U.S. Politicians Will Never Surrender” from NPR
- “Zuckerberg says employees moving out of Silicon Valley may face pay cuts” from CNBC
- “New York Times’ style guide substitutions for ‘the president lied‘ ” in McSweeney’s
- Kai’s dogs.
- ” ‘We’ve never seen this’: wildlife thrives in closed US national parks” in The Guardian
Finally, today is the last day of our last fundraiser this fiscal year. We’re doing more than ever to give you more Make Me Smart right now, and you guys have really shown up. Frankly, our budget has taken a huge hit because of this pandemic and we really need your help. So if you haven’t donated yet, please give today.
Listening makes you smarter…
donating makes it all possible.
You asked for it, and we delivered: “Make Me Smart” is now coming to you five days a week, helping you make sense of what’s happening every day.
As a nonprofit news organization, our future depends on your investment in the essential service we provide.
Thanks to our
Your support keeps us going strong, even through