The stock market might not be the best way to understand how the economy’s doing, but the bond market is a different story. On the show today, Kai gives us his read on the bond market and the clues to our economic future it can provide. Plus, we discuss a big labor and sports story: NFL star Aaron Rodgers tested positive for COVID-19. And we wrap up the week with our favorite game, Half Full/Half Empty.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- U.S. 10 year Treasury note prices
- “Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers tests positive for COVID-19, source says” from ESPN
- “Aaron Rodgers tells radio show he is unvaccinated, getting Covid advice from Joe Rogan” from CNN
- “Elon Musk Says Tesla Hasn’t Signed Contract With Hertz Despite Earlier Announcement” from The Wall Street Journal
- Meghan Markle is calling U.S. senators to pass paid leave from Insider
- “Can a magic box full of new tech help solve the climate crisis?” from “How We Survive”
- “For hotels, leisure travel is roaring back” from “Marketplace”
- “How NFTs could change the music industry … for better or worse” from “Marketplace”
Thanks to everyone who joined us live on YouTube for this episode! We’re live Fridays at 3:30 p.m. Pacific/6:30 p.m. Eastern for happy hour! Subscribe to our channel and sign up for notifications so you don’t miss it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.