What you need to know about the Facebook Papers
Share Now on:
The whistleblower-driven “Facebook Files” investigation at the Wall Street Journal has expanded to include a whole consortium of journalists and a flood of reporting. Oh, and it’s called “The Facebook Papers” now. We’ll talk about the high-level stuff and the company’s response at today’s blockbuster earnings call. Later on, we’ll talk about a disappointing update to the family leave proposal from the White House and hear a spooky song from a listener.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- A handy Google doc with all the “Facebook Papers” stories (h/t Katie Harbath)
- “Four revelations from the Facebook Papers” from the Financial Times
- “Zuckerberg slams recent negative press before painting rosy, futuristic vision for Facebook” from CNBC
- “How Frances Haugen Became a Power Player in the Facebook Leaks” from The New York Times
- “Taxing Billionaires to Pay for Biden’s Agenda: What to Know About the Democrats’ Plan” from The Wall Street Journal
- “How 4 Weeks of US Paid Leave Would Compare With the Rest of the World” from The New York Times
- “Hertz Orders 100,000 Tesla Model 3 Cars for Rental Fleet, TSLA Stock Surges” from Bloomberg
Finally: We need your voice memos! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for Kai Ryssdal and Molly Wood to answer! Here’s how to do it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.