Would you take a coronavirus vaccine? What if it came from Dolly Parton?
Share Now on:
With the promise of another coronavirus vaccine from Moderna, in addition to last week’s blockbuster news from Pfizer, we were inspired to go back and do the numbers: Once there’s a vaccine for COVID-19, who’s actually going to take it? The answer is … not ideal. Also on the docket for today: high-stakes content moderation, low-stakes voter fraud and, yes, Dolly Parton’s own efforts to fund a coronavirus vaccine.
Here’s a list of everything we talked about today:
- “Facebook Has A Rule To Stop Calls To Arms. Moderators Didn’t Enforce It Ahead Of The Kenosha Shootings.” from BuzzFeed News
- “Why Obama fears for our democracy” from The Atlantic
- “Second coronavirus vaccine, from Moderna, shows promise” from Marketplace
- “U.S. Public Now Divided Over Whether To Get COVID-19 Vaccine” from Pew Research Center
- “Voter fraud alleged in New Zealand bird of the year contest” from The Washington Post
- “Renowned philanthropist Dolly Parton donates a million to COVID-19 vaccine effort” from PinkNews
Finally: We need your voice memos! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for Kai Ryssdal and Molly Wood to answer! Here’s how to do it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.