Japan has a relatively old population and a relatively low vaccination rate. A listener in Tokyo wants to know: What would have happened if the Olympic Committee had canceled the TV-only Summer Games entirely? On today’s show, we’ll follow the money. Plus, more of your questions about inflation, military service and the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Yes. Tokyo Olympics are ‘a go’ despite opposition, pandemic” from the Associated Press
- “Where Does The IOC’s Money Go?” from Deadspin
- “Cancel the Tokyo Games—and Abolish the Olympics Forever” from The New Republic
- “Perceptions feed inflation. That’s why the Federal Reserve surveys consumers” from Marketplace
- Our 2015 interview with then-President Barack Obama, defending the TPP
Our show needs your voice! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for our hosts to answer! Send a voice memo or give us a call at 508-82-SMART (508-827-6278).
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.