Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is headed to space on a suborbital flight run by his company Blue Origin. As of this taping, more than 16,000 people have signed a Change.org petition telling him to stay there. (There’s also a petition for him to buy and eat the “Mona Lisa,” but we’ll leave that alone). On today’s show, Kimberly Adams rounds out her guest-hosting stint with a surprisingly thoughtful answer for why Bezos needs to come back down to Earth. But first, we have to talk about the drought in America’s southwest and a very good dog. Plus, another round of Half Full/Half Empty with suggestions from the fan-run “Make Me Smart” Discord server!
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Benji Is One Down Dog” from Texas Monthly
- “West Risks Blackouts as Drought Reduces Hydroelectric Power” from The Wall Street Journal
- “15 Hours and 9 Waffles Later, a Fantasy Football Punishment Is Complete” from The New York Times
- Our Half Full/Half Empty topics: The Boeing and Airbus subsidy truce, CEO bonuses for good behavior, aviator glasses as a gift and that Bezos petition.
- Here’s a link to join our fan-run Discord server.
Join us on YouTube Fridays at 3:30 p.m. Pacific/6:30 p.m. Eastern for our live happy hour episode! Subscribe to our channel and sign up for notifications so you don’t miss it.
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.