There’s an accreditation process… and there’s a superhot app. For this week’s Whadda Ya Wanna Know Wednesday, we’ll talk about both. Plus: If you’re not attending college in person this fall, should you get a discount?
Here’s a list of some of the stuff we talked about today:
- “Trading Sportsbooks for Brokerages, Bored Bettors Wager on Stocks” from The New York Times
- “The New Proposed ‘Accredited Investor’ Definition Changes And Why They Are A BIG Deal” from Crowdfund Insider
- “How to Become an Accredited Investor” from Investopedia
- “Robinhood Has Gamified Online Trading Into an Addiction” from Marker
- “Rookie trader kills himself after seeing a negative balance of more than $700,000 in his Robinhood account” from MarketWatch
- “Tuition Policy in a Pandemic” from Inside Higher Ed
- “Why Students Are Seeking Refunds During COVID-19” from U.S. News and World Report
- “Global trade was down 18.5% in May. And that’s the good news.” from Marketplace
- “A Crash in the Dollar Is Coming” from Bloomberg
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.