We got that question from a listener and today, as Facebook’s own Oversight Board handed down a decision on banning Donald Trump, seemed like the right day to pick it apart. Along with the lexicon of dishonesty, we’ll answer your questions about record-high lumber prices and “green hydrogen.”
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Facebook’s Oversight Board upholds ban on Trump. At least for now.” from The Washington Post
- “How to report responsibly on hacks and disinformation” (PDF) from Stanford University
- “What part of a new house costs 4 times as much as a year ago? Lumber!” from “Marketplace”
- “Lumber Prices Soar, But Logs Are Still Dirt Cheap” from Bloomberg
- “President Biden says green hydrogen is key to a lower emissions future. So, what is it?” from “Marketplace Tech”
Check out all the thank-you gifts at $5 a month and keep “Make Me Smart” going strong when you donate today: marketplace.org/givesmart
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.