He sells electric cars. He wants to go to Mars. Now he wants to sell … electricity? Yup, Elon Musk wants Tesla to get into the energy business in Texas. We’ll discuss what it all means and how Tesla is making money these days. Plus, a bananas story about misinformation on the internet. And the hosts take a stand on the latest round of our favorite game, Half Full/Half Empty.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “How Should the Fed Deal With Climate Change?” from The New York Times
- “Elon Musk wants to sell Texas Electricity” from Texas Monthly
- “Does Tesla actually want competitors to make electric cars?” from “Marketplace Morning Report”
- “Sirhan Sirhan, convicted of RFK assassination, released by California parole board” from The Washington Post
- “Texans are calling poison control in record numbers after ingesting horse and cow dewormer” from KSAT
- “Florida Judge Throws Out Gov. Ron DeSantis’ Order Prohibiting School Mask Mandates” from NPR
- “Academic credentials are a poor measure of talent. So why do businesses keep relying on them?” from Fortune
- “Delta Airlines’ $200 charge to unvaccinated employees puts penalty power to the test” from “Marketplace Morning Report”
- “Back in name only: Toys R Us brand to reappear in more than 400 Macy’s stores” from “Marketplace”
- “TikTok hits the big time: The MLA Handbook has decided how to cite it in academic works” from Fast Company
- “Elon Musk warned of a ‘Terminator’-like AI apocalypse — now he’s building a Tesla robot” from CNBC
- Pumpkin Spice hard seltzer?
Our show needs your voice! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for our hosts to answer! Send a voice memo or give us a call at 508-82-SMART (508-827-6278).
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.