We’ve been talking a lot about coronavirus vaccines on the show lately, and for good reason. But it’s also the holiday season, so for this Whadda Ya Wanna Know Wednesday, we’re tackling a perennial question: What’s better for the environment, real or fake Christmas trees? Plus, we’ll talk about solar power and bring in a ringer to talk about a certain logo Kai Ryssdal can’t stand. But first, yes, a little more about vaccines.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “A Vaccine Is Coming: Can Employers Require Employees to Take it?” from The National Law Review
- “Yes, your boss can fire you if you refuse to get a Covid vaccine” from CNBC
- “Pandemic Is Ray of Light for Solar Industry” from The Wall Street Journal
- “What’s greener: a real Christmas tree or a fake one?” from Marketplace
- “Christmas tree sales are booming as pandemic-weary Americans seek solace.” from The New York Times
Make Me Smart is powered by listeners like you — become a Marketplace Investor today!
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.