Kai was out on Friday, and there’s a lot to talk about, so we’re taking our listener Andrew’s suggestion and trying out “What’d We Miss Mondays” around here. On the docket: China’s economic recovery, wildfires, Virgin Galactic, Euro Cup, Biden’s executive orders, Burger King and more. Let us know what you think of this grab-bag format for a Monday!
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “China’s Slowing V-Shaped Economic Recovery Sends Global Warning” from Bloomberg
- “Watch Stephen Colbert Narrate the Billionaire Going to Space Because He Can” from New York Magazine
- “Gov. Gavin Newsom Retreats On $1 Billion Wildfire Prevention Plan Ahead Of Meeting With President Biden” from CapRadio
- “California Wildfires Are Sparking Firenadoes” from Gizmodo
- “‘Unrecognizable.’ Lake Mead, a lifeline for water in Los Angeles and the West, tips toward crisis” from the Los Angeles Times
- “Texas House Democrats flee the state in move that could block voting restrictions bill, bring Legislature to a halt” from The Texas Tribune
- “Biden launches assault on monopolies” from Politico
- “Judge Refuses to Seal Names of ‘Kraken’ Witnesses Who Have Asked to Remain Anonymous, Readies for Sanctions Hearing Against Lin Wood and Sidney Powell” from Law & Crime
- “England FA condemn racist abuse aimed at Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, Jadon Sancho after Euro 2020 shootout loss” from ESPN, and Rashford’s statement is here
- “Burger King sign reading ‘we all quit’ goes viral after employees walk out” from Fox News
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.