We have two routes to the dark place today: That harrowing U.N. report on the climate crisis and the 2021 redo of all the COVID superspreader angst we went through last year. We’ll talk about both before getting into some of the stories we missed over the weekend. Plus: Who do you have on your Nickelodeon character bracket?
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “Some Climate Change Effects May Be Irreversible, U.N. Panel Says” from The Wall Street Journal
- “COVID vaccines to be required for military under new US plan” from the Associated Press
- Plus a little additional context
- “From Fall Out Boy to Counting Crows — Shows Shutting Down While Delta Surges” from Rolling Stone
- “Sturgis Rally 2021 sees high attendance, police, law enforcement say” from the Argus Leader
- “NCAA Undervalued Women’s Basketball Tournament by Millions While Prioritizing Men’s Tourney, Report Finds” from The Wall Street Journal
- “A recall of Philips respiratory devices has left users stranded” from the Verge
- “The Best Nickelodeon Character Bracket” from the Ringer
- “This is the world’s blackest black ink. It’s like staring into infinity” from Fast Company
Our show needs your voice! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for our hosts to answer! Send a voice memo or give us a call at 508-82-SMART (508-827-6278).
None of us is as smart as all of us.
No matter how bananapants your day is, “Make Me Smart” is here to help you through it all— 5 days a week.
It’s never just a one-way conversation. Your questions, reactions, and donations are a vital part of the show. And we’re grateful for every single one.